Terms of service
These Terms apply to the online shop (hereinafter referred to as "the Service") provided on this website by Ciik Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"). All registered users (hereinafter referred to as "Users") are to use the Service in accordance with these Terms.
Article 1 (Application)
- These Terms apply to all relationships related to the use of the Service between the User and the Company.
- In addition to these Terms, the Company may stipulate various specific regulations (hereinafter referred to as "Individual Provisions") for the Service. These Individual Provisions, regardless of their name, constitute part of these Terms.
- If the provisions of these Terms conflict with the Individual Provisions, the Individual Provisions will prevail unless otherwise specified.
Article 2 (User Registration)
- For the Service, the registrant applies for user registration by agreeing to these Terms in the manner prescribed by the Company, and the registration is completed when the Company notifies the registrant of its approval.
- The Company may decline the registration application without any obligation to disclose reasons if the applicant:
- Provides false information during registration.
- Has previously violated these Terms.
- Is judged by the Company to be unsuitable for registration for any other reason.
Article 3 (Management of User ID and Password)
- Users are responsible for managing their Service user ID and password.
- Under no circumstances should a User transfer, lend, or share their User ID and password with a third party.
- If the combination of User ID and password matches the registered information, the Company assumes the User who registered the User ID is using the Service.
- Except in cases of intentional misconduct or gross negligence by the Company, the Company is not responsible for any damages caused by third parties using a User’s ID or password.
Article 4 (Sales Contract)
- In the Service, a sales contract is established when a User submits a purchase request to the Company and the Company notifies the User of its acceptance. The ownership of the product transfers to the User when the Company hands the product over to the delivery service.
- The Company may terminate the sales contract without prior notice if:
- The User violates these Terms.
- Due to an unknown delivery address or prolonged absence, the product delivery isn’t completed.
- The trust relationship between the Company and the User is deemed compromised.
- Payment methods, delivery methods, purchase application cancellation methods, return methods, etc., related to the Service are as separately stipulated by the Company.
Article 5 (Intellectual Property Rights)
All copyrights or other intellectual property rights for product photos and other content (hereinafter referred to as "Content") provided by the Service belong to the Company or rightful owners such as content providers. Users may not duplicate, reprint, modify, or make secondary use of them without permission.
Article 6 (Prohibited Acts)
When using the Service, Users must not:
- Violate any laws or public morals.
- Engage in criminal activities.
- Infringe on copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights included in the Service.
- Damage or interfere with the Company's servers or network.
- Commercially use information obtained from the Service.
- Engage in acts that could disrupt the operation of the Company's services.
- Unauthorized access or attempt to do so.
- Collect or store personal information about other Users.
- Impersonate another User.
- Directly or indirectly provide benefits to antisocial forces in relation to the Company's services.
- Engage in any other act deemed inappropriate by the Company.
Article 7 (Suspension of Service)
- Without prior notice to Users, the Company may suspend or interrupt the provision of all or part of the Service if:
- The computer system for the Service requires maintenance, inspection, or updating.
- Due to force majeure, such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, power outages, or other disasters, it becomes difficult to provide the Service.
- The computer or communication line, etc., stops due to an accident.
- The Company otherwise determines that it is difficult to provide the Service.
- The Company is not responsible for any disadvantage or damage suffered by a User or a third party due to the suspension or interruption of the Service, regardless of the reason.
Article 8 (Use Restrictions and Registration Cancellation)
- Without prior notice, the Company may restrict a User from using all or part of the Service or may cancel a User's registration if:
- The User violates any provision of these Terms.
- It is discovered that there are false facts in the registration information.
- The credit card reported by the User as a means of payment is suspended.
- There is a default in payment of fees or other obligations.
- There is no response to communications from the Company for a certain period.
- There is no use of the Service for a certain period since the last use.
- The Company otherwise judges that the use of the Service is inappropriate.
- The Company is not responsible for any damages incurred by the User based on actions taken by the Company under this article.
Article 9 (Withdrawal)
Users can withdraw from this service by following the prescribed withdrawal procedures.
Article 10 (Disclaimer and Exemption from Liability)
- We do not guarantee that our service is free from de facto or legal defects, including but not limited to issues of safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, suitability for a specific purpose, security-related defects, errors, bugs, or infringements of rights.
- We shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users due to this service. However, if the contract between us and the user regarding this service (including these terms) is deemed a consumer contract under the Consumer Contract Law, this exemption clause will not apply. Even in such cases, we will not be responsible for damages arising from special circumstances, even if we or the user could foresee or should have foreseen the occurrence of the damage.
- We shall not be responsible for any transactions, communications, or disputes that arise between users and other users or third parties in connection with this service.
Article 11 (Changes to the Service)
We may change the content of this service or discontinue its provision without notifying the user. We will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users due to such changes.
Article 12 (Amendments to the Terms)
We may amend these terms as deemed necessary without notifying the user. If a user uses this service after the amendment, they are considered to have agreed to the amended terms.
Article 13 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 14 (Notification and Communication)
Notifications or communications between the user and us shall be made in the manner prescribed by us. We will send notifications or communications to the contact information currently registered unless there is a change notification from the user following the method separately specified by us. These will be considered to have reached the user at the time of dispatch.
Article 15 (Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Obligations)
Users may not transfer or offer as collateral their status in the user contract or rights or obligations based on these terms to third parties without our written consent.
Article 16 (Governing Law & Jurisdiction)
- The interpretation of these terms shall be governed by Japanese law. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
- In case of any disputes related to this service, the court having jurisdiction over the location of our head office shall be the exclusive agreed court of jurisdiction.
Article 17 (Handling of Cookies)
- To temporarily store information necessary for viewing this site across multiple pages more conveniently.
- To provide customized services based on stored registration information when users are logged into authentication services.
- To analyze users' access trends on this site for the purpose of improving our services, either by us or by companies to which we outsource the analysis.
- To display the most appropriate advertisements on other websites based on the interests and usage patterns of users on this site.
- To prompt users for password re-entry (re-authentication) for security purposes after a certain time has passed since their last action.
- To improve our services.
- We may allow companies to which we outsource our ad distribution to store and reference cookies on this site via their websites.
- We use a technology called web beacons on some pages of this site to gather statistics about the usage patterns of this site. Web beacons do not collect personal information, and users can refuse the collection of information through web beacons by setting their browsers to reject cookies.