We will implement a system for personal information protection and, by ensuring thorough recognition of its importance, will strive to protect personal information.
Article 1: Definition of Personal Information
- "Personal Information" refers to the term defined in the Personal Information Protection Act and pertains to information about a living individual. This includes information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact details, and other descriptions that can identify a specific individual.
- Apart from the above “Personal Information”, "History and Characteristic Information" includes service usage history, purchased products, viewed pages and advertisements, search keywords, date and time of usage, user environment, postal codes, gender, occupation, age, IP address, cookie information, location data, and device identification information.
Article 2: Method of Personal Information Collection
- In the Service, we may ask users for personal information like name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver's license number when registering. We may also obtain transaction records containing users' personal information, and payment-related information from our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad recipients, hereinafter referred to as "partners").
- In the Service, we collect history and characteristic information about users, such as the services used, software, purchased products, viewed pages and advertisements, search keywords, usage date and time, usage method, usage environment (including communication status of the device used), IP address, cookie information, location data, and device identification information when using our or our partners' services or viewing pages.
Article 3: Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
The purpose of collecting and using personal information in the Service is as follows:
- To display registration information such as name, address, contact, payment method, services used, purchased products, and the associated fees to allow customers to view and modify their own registration and usage status.
- To use contact information like names, addresses, and email addresses for notifications to customers, product shipments, and necessary communications.
- To verify identity using information like name, date of birth, address, phone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, and certified mail delivery results.
- To bill for products, detailing items like product names, quantities, type and duration of services used, bill amounts, names, addresses, bank account numbers, and credit card numbers.
- To facilitate data input by displaying registered information or transferring it to other services (including those provided by partners) based on customer directives.
- To decline the use of our services by customers who violate our terms of service, such as by delaying payments or causing harm to third parties, using information that identifies individuals like usage patterns, names, and addresses.
- To respond to customer inquiries using information necessary for service provision, customer service usage status, and contact information.
- For purposes associated with the above.
- For advertising, display, or effect measurement of our service, and other advertising and marketing measures.
Article 4: Management of Personal Information
We will maintain accurate and up-to-date customer personal information and take necessary measures, including maintaining a security system, establishing a management system, and thorough employee training, to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, alteration, or leakage of personal information. We will manage personal information strictly.
Article 5: Disclosure of Personal Information
- If a customer requests the disclosure of their own personal information, it will be disclosed to the customer without delay. However, in cases where disclosure may harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the customer or a third party, significantly hinder our proper business operations, or violate other laws, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information. In such cases, the decision will be promptly communicated.
- Regardless of the provisions of the previous paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose information other than personal information, such as history and characteristic information.
Article 6: Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We manage the personal information entrusted to us with care and will not provide it to third parties, unless:
- You have given prior consent;
- It is allowed under the Personal Information Protection Law or other relevant regulations; or
- Under the following exceptions: (1) It's mandated by law. (2) It's essential for protecting someone's life, body, or property, and obtaining the individual's consent is difficult. (3) It's especially necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound child development, and obtaining the individual's consent is difficult. (4) A national institution or local public organization needs cooperation to execute a duty mandated by law, and obtaining the individual's consent might hinder that duty. (5) We have pre-announced or publicized that: - Provision to third parties is included in the purpose of use. - Data items provided to third parties. - Methods of providing to third parties. - We will stop the provision of personal information to third parties upon the individual's request.
The following are not considered third parties: (1) When we delegate all or a portion of personal information processing within the scope necessary to achieve the stated purpose. (2) When personal information is provided due to business transfers like mergers. (3) When personal information is shared with specific individuals and the nature of shared information, scope of sharing, purpose of use by sharer, and the name of the entity responsible for its management has been notified to the individual in advance or is easily accessible.
Article 7: Personal Information Security Measures
We take comprehensive security measures to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information. We continuously gather information on personal data protection and strive to adopt the latest security measures.
Article 8: Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you may request its correction or deletion following our procedures.
- If we determine the request is valid, we will promptly make the necessary corrections or deletions and inform you.
Article 9: Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If you request that we stop using your personal information because it exceeds the intended use or was acquired unlawfully, we will promptly investigate and, based on our findings, suspend its use and notify you. If suspending its use would be costly or difficult, alternative measures will be taken.
- We will comply with Japanese laws and regulations related to the personal information we possess.
Article 11: Personal Information Management Officer
Eito Miyanaga, CiiK Inc.
Article 12: Inquiries
Article 13: Protection of Personal Information through SSL
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. When transmitting personal data, communications between your computer and our server are encrypted, ensuring safe use.